+ Ответить в теме
Показано с 1 по 9 из 9

Тема: Obstacles to becoming a model- some you control/other you do not

Klaudia

Obstacles to becoming a model- some you control/other you do not

There are many obstacles that will prevent many of us from reaching supermodel status. Here are a few of the physical ones

· Too short for fashion (In New York 5’10″ – 5’11″ / Smaller markets – 5’8″ and taller)
    · Overweight
    · Bad teeth
    · Squinty smile
    · Big forehead (Tyra Banks)
    · Big Butt (Tyra Banks)
    I have mentioned Ms.Banks because clearly she is an exception to those rules. Most of us cannot count on being exceptions so we have to prepare ourselves by correcting what we can.

Jessica
    Yes, there are many obstacles unfortunately, some we can correct, some we cannot. But if I were' 5'7'' I wouldn't have chosen this career to begin with.

Klaudia
    There are a lot of beautiful little girls who are having success as models as a child...some will get to be no taller than 5'1 -5'5, dashing their dreams of a future career. I think parents have to prepare these kids for the reality that things will dry up for them. You can get a rough estimate of how tall a child will be when they are two years old. Most people reach half their adult height by then

Klaudia
    bad teeth - I have been spotting a lot of adults wearing braces. I really like the new invisaline concept.

Jessica
    Yes, my last boyfriend had crooked teeth and put on braces. Fortunately my teeth are perfectly aligned and healthy, so I don't have a problem with that.

Klaudia
    being African American has it disadvantages...the big butt is one of them, since it seems designers like the noassatall look and design only for those body types....

lenka_d
    height is one of the biggest factor in becoming a model i guess.
    but again,

if you are the shortest in the world, you can be model for that.

Klaudia
    Yeah Height has been the one thing that keeps some girls who can model from getting on the runway and in a lot of other types of work.

Senior Member liduska is on a distinguished road Аватар для liduska
    Цитата Сообщение от ;106
    There are many obstacles that will prevent many of us from reaching supermodel status. Here are a few of the physical ones

· Too short for fashion (In New York 5’10″ – 5’11″ / Smaller markets – 5’8″ and taller)
    · Overweight
    · Bad teeth
    · Squinty smile
    · Big forehead (Tyra Banks)
    · Big Butt (Tyra Banks)
    I have mentioned Ms.Banks because clearly she is an exception to those rules. Most of us cannot count on being exceptions so we have to prepare ourselves by correcting what we can.
    yes its very difficult to become a model if you havant certain data

+ Ответить в теме

Ваши права